I live in Central Massachusetts in the United States--a wonderful area for nature, art and culture. Using a compact camera, I celebrate daily life found here in a variety of local landscapes throughout the changing seasons.

1. I really want to see an oriole in my yard. We get so so many kinds of birds (Hubbardston) but I think I’ve only seen an Oriole in our yard once.

1. Oh, orioles are fun to watch and listen to. Hope all is well with you! Missing the Audubon, but all is well here.

2. Great photos! We hear one from our garden occasionally and some years a pair. Must nest in the nearby woods, but in Eastern France they are very rare visitors.

1. Thanks. We have a couple of different kinds of orioles here, but the Baltimore is the most common. Hope you are safe and well in France. My little state of Massachusetts was hard hit, but we are coming down from the worst of it.

3. Just realised they are a different species with same name!

4. They’re so beautiful! I live in East Texas, and have only seen an Oriole once. I think he must have taken a wrong turn somewhere to end up here.

1. They are beautiful, and they announce their arrival with such a chattering. Really fun. Thanks for visiting. Do you live where the bluebonnets grow? Or am I just a New Englander who loves the folk songs about them, and thinks they must be all over Texas?

5. I can see why this is such an iconic bird. Beautiful!

1. Yes, it is lovely. More pics coming soon, I think! Hope you are doing okay there. I am reading that things are pretty tough in your country.

1. I look forward to more pics. We are okay thanks Julie. Yes things are very concerning here on several levels with extreme hardship and hunger for many. The infection numbers are escalating but it is thought that we are still a long way from “peaking” – maybe only in July or as late as September. There is lots of controversy and discussion about the strict lockdown we are still under and how and when it should be eased.
        The situation in the US is tough too. Keep safe!

6. We don’t get orioles where I live, but they sure are pretty!

1. They really brighten up my yard. Although they have their own oriole feeder

2. …..They still like to swing on the hummer feeders. Very funny!