1. Have you been to an orchard in the Berkshires?? I know a good one of you’re interested.

1. I’m always up for a good apple orchard! πŸ˜‰

2. H.J. for avian101 October 7, 2021 at 5:36 PM

The apples look so delicious! The orchard and surrounding areas are gorgeous. Thanks, Julie. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks, H.J. This was a wonderful year for apples, so I am really enjoying celebrating them.

3. What a splendid place to have a picnic! Lovely that there are so many picnic tables.

1. Yes, and it’s open all year. It has a lovely country store, with homemade bread, cider doughnuts, of course apples and other goodies. I went there a lot during the lock down for a quick in and out goodies trip.
      Cheers,

1. Sounds like a great place to go!

4. It has been a bad year for apples here and I would love to be in your groaning orchards!

1. Apples have been great, bu they pumpkins here have really not been good. Too much rain at the wrong time!

5. A lovely place and those are wonderful apples and they don’t even have one crow’s beak mark in them! I also had a good apple crop, the best yet for me, but the crows descended upon them early one morning and in order to save the rest of the crop I had to pick them all, before they were quite ripe!!!.

1. Those darn crows! If you pick apples before they are ripe, will they ripen on their own, or do they just stay green?

1. Yes I find that the apples do ripen after picking, some being tastier than others! But I also find that some varieties can soften fairly quickly. Next year I’ll have to find something more scary for the crows than the children’s garden mobiles that I tried this year!! Happy gardening!

2. Probably as effective as the smelly soap I put out to ward off the woodchucks! πŸ˜‰

6. Yummy! Love your compositions, your last photo is my favorite, Julie!

1. Love those moody skies!

7. The reds, blues, and greens are so rich and sating, Julie. Just as I imagine those apples would be. 🍎🍎🍎

1. I never get tired of apples….