1. How beautiful it looks👀💕✨

Hello from CA, the other side of the US👋 Even though I really want to see the trails like this, we get less snow here. Lucky you to see this beautiful trail and walk it on your own feet😍😍😍

1. I surely am grateful to walk this trail, Tanooki. Wishing you many wonderful California trails to walk, whether or not they are snowy!

2. What lovely photos Julie, especially of the icicles, and the one with the fern dangling down in front of the ice is really special. It should be a wonderful trail a great place for people to meet and say hi to passing strangers also. Very picturesque in the winter snow and ice.

1. Thank you! Picturesque is a great word for it!

2. More proof of how wonderful Artist Frost is, Julie. As is the creator of the bluebird mural. 😊

3. Wow! Amazing and beautiful photos! Thanks for share Julie.
    Have a wonderful time!

1. I am enjoying winter activities here. Hope you are well!
      -Julie

4. My goodness! Looks like an enchanted land.

1. I think we could all use a little “enchantment” these days, no?

5. A very ‘cool’ 😉 look at ice formations, Julie. I didn’t know about this trail… it looks a lot like the one in Westmoreland, NH … that one has even steeper sides. Sadly, that trail has been neglected and the drainage ditches on the sides have begun to fill in so water is eroding the center trail, making for treacherous footing in winter. It is a good place to go on a really hot summer day, though. 🙂

1. This one is new in the last few years, and pretty well traveled. I hope it well be kept up!

1. There’s a new post about the Westmoreland site in case you are interested: https://nhgardensolutions.wordpress.com/2022/01/26/big-ice-3/

2. What a gorgeous place Westmoreland is! And I feel very at home reading about the area, as I grew up in Northfield, MA. I spent a lot of time daytripping over the border to southern Vt and NH.
        Thanks for the heads up.
        Cheers,

6. It looks like an icy kingdom. The ice formations are spectacular but it’s certainly very cold.
    The place is so beautiful!

1. It did feel like an icy kingdom–really fun!

7. What a wonderful hike and beautiful photos!🙂

8. H.J. for avian101 January 14, 2022 at 9:33 PM

Very pretty shots, Julie. Gorgeous places, too! Thank you, 🙂

9. Beautiful captures. I love all the ice formations that have formed along the edge of the rocks. Looks gorgeous and a great excuse to take some pictures.

1. Thanks. You bet it’s a good excuse for pics!

1. I am so lucky it is nearby!

10. Those icicles are gorgeous, what a beautiful walk!!

1. Thanks, Donna. It was one of my favorite walks so far this winter.

11. Magical. I especially love the frozen-cascade photo with the hanging fern.

1. Thanks. It is sort of like being in an “ice house”–cozy in a funny way.

12. Fantastic place and great images.

1. Thanks so much for those kind words!

13. Gosh these scenes are so dramatic as well as beautiful. Those ice ‘stalactites’ and frozen cascades are incredible. It must feel like being in something of a fantasy land as the landscape is so transformed. Each of your photos is really lovely.

1. Thank you. It really is a peaceful and inspiring feeling to be in the middle of it….everywhere you look is so beautiful!

14. Thanks very much for the link. This place looks much like the one I travel and I’m glad to finally find out that there is indeed another one. Maybe after I retire I can get down to see it!

15. That’s a wow. I will never see anything like that here 🙂 🙂

1. Yah, must be the way I feel when I see wallabies cruising around your yard, and I think, “If only…:
      😉