1. Wow! Awesome! ThankΒ΄s Julie.
    Wonderful week!

2. Home on the range is right, New England Style!

1. Gotta love how varied the New England landscape it!

3. Not the easiest livestock to raise, hehe! πŸ˜‰

1. No, not by a long shot! Plus, the folks who raise them also make and sell their own craft beer. They must have lots on energy!

1. Thank you, Bridgette!

4. H.J. for avian101 March 27, 2022 at 10:21 PM

At first I thought that you went to the prairies of South Dakota! Aren’t the bisons beautiful? I’ve seen the roam the prairies on the West. Lovely pictures, Julie. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks, H.J. These bison live about ten minutes down the road from me. I love to visit there, because it is a very open hilltop with great views. The bison are beautiful, however I must admit I was a bit scared when one “growled” at me! I made sure I was way back from the fence then! LOL!

1. H.J. for avian101 March 28, 2022 at 7:40 PM

The “snort” by the bison means: ” Wow! What a babe! πŸ™‚

2. Ha Ha! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

5. First a camel roaming in Massachusetts, and now bison?!! 😁 How cool, Julie!!! Do they allow you to feed them? Last summer, I hand-fed bison on a private farm in South Dakota last summer, and of course saw them roaming wild and free throughout SD, WY and MT. Amazing beasts!!

6. That is a lot of hard work to raise these bisons. Ours live on Antelope island and I come to see them from time to time. Julie, I enjoyed a lot looking at your wonderful photos and smiled when I saw the young ones.

1. I don’t know much about bison, but when I got close to them, I realized how big they are. It was a bit scary to be that close.

7. Beautiful photos, Julie. They are such imposing animals.

1. After your post on bison, I got wondering if these were actually bison or beefalo, and sure enough, the owner stressed that they were bison, which is not that common.They were VERY imposing close-up. I can’t imagine how Native Americans used just a bow arrow to deal with them, can you?

8. Hey Julie, checking to see if this comment comes through to you. Looks like my comments aren’t posting…..