Feathers and Shells

Painted Turtles and Canada Geese share a sunny afternoon together at the Wachusett Meadow Wildlife Sanctuary, Princeton, MA.

Painted Turtles/Canada Goose
I enjoy experimenting with the continuous shutter setting on my bridge camera.
In contrast, I use the built in close-up lens with the turtles sunning on the far side of the pond.

1. What luck to come upon turtles and geese close enough to be in the same photo. As for the camera… different settings for different animals.

1. I couldn’t believe my luck to find them together. I’m sure my quick and ungainly attempts to catch the geese flying made good theater to anyone watching, though! LOL!

2. Wow! Wow! Wow! Wow! & Wow! No more words, thank’as for share, Julie.
    You are an amazing photographer.
    Have a wonderful day!

1. You are so sweet Elvira! A comment from you always brightens up my day!
      Cheers,

1. Thank’s Julie! Aww! Thats makes me happy! Have a wonderful day!
        Elvira 😊

3. H.J. for avian101 April 12, 2022 at 9:49 PM

You’re going to put me out of business! You’re a natural photographer. Great shots, Julie. 🙂

1. Thank you so much for those kind words, H.J. Although my bridge camera doesn’t have a lot of bells and whistles, it’s more than enough for me to handle. I especially love the built in 65x magnification.

4. It look idyllic. Lovely seeing the geese ‘walking on water’ as they prepare to take off!

1. Thanks. I love to watch the geese “walk on water”. It’s quick and very noisy as they are honking all the while. 😉

5. Turtles already, wow!

1. It really cheers me when I see them hanging out!

6. Nice effects of your photos, Julie. I also enjoyed your title, even though it made me expect different kinds of shells. 🐚🐚🐚

1. LOL! Too bad I live an hour and a half from the seaside!

1. You live much closer to the shore than we! 😊