How Sweet (And Colorful) It Is

Princeton, Massachusetts

Maple sugaring continues in Massachusetts.
Sugarmakers often use eye-catching plastic sap buckets in lieu of the traditional galvanized metal type. There is some controversy surrounding them, as plastic may only last a few years. However, plastic is light weight, and will not rust. Additionally, you can see the sap through them.

1. Oh, what a time. As a Mainer, I am very keen about all things maple.

2. Wow! All in harmony and balance! Amazing and beautiful! Thank’s for share Julie.
    Have a wonderful time!

3. Thanks for sharing these interesting pictures. Do you know they keep the deer away? I planted three sugar maple trees, and the deer licked and tore off the bark, killing two trees. I put a wire fence around the third one and it survived.

1. I did not know that! Cool! Sounds like you must have a wonderful yard!

4. You teach me something new every time I read your blog. I had no idea about the buckets. Great pictures!

1. Thanks. I’m so glad you liked it. Wishing you a good week!

1. Thank you! Hope you are having a good week. 🙂

5. New to us! Have heard of this technique but never seen photos. A nice share, thanks from a couple of Hoosiers 😉 !

6. Great photos and so interesting that the sap can be collected in this way.

1. I think both the old and new technologies have positive sides. Surely, the new is easier for sugarmakers!