1. Wonderful pictures! Juncos are one of my favorite birds. Not flashy, but quietly pretty.

1. I love juncos, as well. It’s a treat to see their tails flash when they fly.

Liked by 2 people

2. Wow! Amazin and beautiful photos! Thanks for share Julie.
    Have a wonderful time!

1. You are so welcome, Elvira!
      Cheers,

Liked by 2 people

1. You are welcome Julie.
        Cheers.

3. Very good picture, very clear.

1. Thanks, Stephen. The junco was hopping around the snowbank, and distracted. So I got a bit closer than usual.
      -Julie

Liked by 2 people

4. Everyone has got to eat. Wonderful shots!

5. Julie, that close up of the Junco is wonderful!

1. Thanks, Mark. Juncos are so common, I think we might not pay as much attention to them as we might.

6. Nice captures, Julie. The squirrel looks a bit sleepy… must have just woken up!

1. You know, it does look sleepy. I hadn’t noticed that before!

7. I love your photos, Julie. Do you take them outside, or through a window? I think our birds are more flighty in winter, so it’s hard to take photos when they are at the feeders.

1. I have very little luck taking pics through a window–these were all zooming in from several feet away. I was pleased with the junco pics, because they don’t usually stop for very long, and were easy to see against the white backdrop.

1. Same here, especially since our windows are screened. How nice that your birds allowed you so close. I should try to sit in a corner of the yard to give them time to get used to me. It works in the summer, but I haven’t tried it in the winter.

Liked by 2 people

8. These are adorable! I especially love the junco and the squirrel.

1. Thanks, Cindy. I thought the juncos looked like mini-penguins with the snow around.
      😉

9. H.J. for avian101 January 27, 2022 at 9:48 PM

These are wonderful pictures of birds! My favorites are the Dark-eyed Juncos. Thank you, Julie. 🙂

1. Thanks, H.J. Those juncos are really fun to watch.

10. What a delight to see all these hardy birds and friends in the deep winter snow, Julie. While I like every photo, I especially like the one of the mourning dove and white-throated sparrow. They look like they’re having an engaging conversation, and also, we don’t see that species out on the west coast so I can never get enough of them.

11. Love these, Julie! Especially the dove and WTSparrow in one shot and the close-up of the Dark-eyed Junco. 🙂 Adorable squirrel too. Stay safe and warm in the upcoming Nor-eastern!

1. Thanks, Donna. Generator is in working order, shovels are lined up, lots of treats to eat….time to hunker down! 😉
      -Julie

12. Lovely photos Julie and I can’t believe how hardy these little birds and the squirrels must be in such snowy winters.

1. They are sure are hardy, and are about to be tested tomorrow, as the East Coast is in for quite a snowstorm!

1. I read about the forecast storms – I hope everyone, birds and squirrels included, manages to hang in there. Keep warm and safe.

2. Thanks, Carol. We had 16 inches, but it was light, and not that bad to shovel. And so pretty!

Liked by 2 people

3. Well 16 inches sounds hectic to me – but at least it was not so difficult to shovel! It must have been a glorious sight.

13. Beautiful pictures. The Dark-eyed Juncos is absolutely adorable and I love how its bottom half blends in with the snow.

1. Juncos are adorable, I think! And unappreciated sometimes.

Liked by 2 people