Uncovering the Past

The Ware-Hardwick Covered Bridge is one of eight covered bridges in Massachusetts. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Wikipedia states that:
At 137 feet, the Ware-Hardwick Covered Bridge is the longest covered bridge in Massachusetts.
Built in 1886, it spans the Ware River at Hardwick and Ware, Massachusetts.
The siding does not fully cover the sides, leaving a strip exposed for light, and extends partway inside each portal.
The bridge notably survived a major flooding event in the 1930s, when the textile mills in Hardwick were destroyed.

1. A beautiful bridge maintained immaculately.

1. The surely don’t make them like that today, do they?

2. Amazing and beautiful! Thanks for share Julie.
    Have a wonderful time!

1. Thanks, Elvira. I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

1. You are welcome Julie.
        Happy Valentines Day!
        Thanks,

3. That is some bridge, as we would say in Maine. Was glad to read that horses have the right of way.

1. Ha! It’s actually open to car traffic, and it’s one lane. Imagine horse meeting car!

1. Phew! Actually, we have sizable Amish communities in central Maine, and although we don’t have many covered bridges—-can’t think of any right off the bat—we do have narrow roads and horses and buggies. Always worry about them, but so far, anyway, I haven’t heard of any collisions. May it stay that way!

2. How interesting! I had no idea there were Amish in Maine!

4. Beautiful bridge! Maybe I will drive by that way one of these days.

5. Gorgeous bridge, and, wow, so long!! I love it, Julie, thanks for sharing the interior build too!

1. Thanks, Donna. I love the “old architecture” of bygone days
      -Julie

6. Beautiful photos, Julie. I have always found covered brides attractive and each has its own character.

1. Thanks, Tanja. I agree-there is something so almost magical about them.

7. I wonder if blogger Milford-Street knows about this gorgeous bridge. He has photographed most of the covered bridges in NH: https://milford-street.com/portfolio/

1. Thanbks! I wrote to him, and caught up on all his bridge pics!