Did You Hear?

An Eastern Meadowlark, which is becoming rarer in many parts of Massachusetts, visited the Audubon Sanctuary recently.

“There’s a Meadowlark in the South Meadow!”
“Heads up, Painted Turtles!”
The Red-winged Blackbird, Mourning Dove and Northern Cardinal have a plan.
“Let’s go check it out!”
The Eastern Meadowlark rests in the grass.

1. It seems that each photo tels a story… Wonderful! Thank’s for share, Julie.
    Nice Sunday.

2. H.J. for avian101 April 9, 2022 at 8:51 PM

That was humorous, Julie! I like it, you have a sense of humor. 🙂

1. Thanks, H.J. I try to lend a bit of comic relief when I can from this stressful world. 😉

3. Fun! And beautiful. I have never heard a meadowlark.

1. LOL! I was so busy trying to snap a pic, I didn’t hear them very much!

4. Great fun the squirrels set the scene for the story so well!

1. Oh, the never ending entertainment those squirrels provide! 😉

5. Oh, my goodness! So many different birds are together. And a wonderful squirrel! Amazing moments and photos, Julie!

1. Thanks, Kaya. Taking photos of different birds together is really enjoyable. You never know what you are going to get!

6. It’s a story worth telling, and a visit worth making. I have never heard an Eastern Meadowlark, but nearly every place I visit right now has some singing Western Meadowlarks. I absolutely love their song.

1. I’m hoping that the Meadowlarks come back, but I’m told the meadow, large as it is, is still too small for them.

7. I many like your beautiful blog. A pleasure to come stroll on your pages. A great discovery and a very interesting blog. I will come back to visit you. See you soon.

1. Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful words. I am so glad you enjoy my blog!
      Best,