1. Yay, they are back! Great shots, Julie! I love their yellow bellies. πŸ˜‰

1. Thanks! Now I am waiting for Great Blue Herons….;-)

2. Beautiful birds and photography!

3. Wow! Wonderful monochrome photos! Thanks for share Julie.

1. Happy Friday, Elvira!

1. Thank’s Julie, happy Friday too!

4. I saw my first one just the other day, too. Yay!

5. H.J. for avian101 March 24, 2022 at 9:41 PM

I hope I see one soon! They come to my backyard not every year. Nice captures, Julie. πŸ™‚

1. Thanks, H.J. Most years, we have a nest under our shed roof. Really fun to see the little babies peeking out!

6. Beautiful photos, Julie, I really like their color scheme. Eastern Phoebes are considered rare here, but we usually get to see a few each year, so I’m hoping for a sighting.

1. A phoebe yesterday, and a painted turtle today—ah, Spring!
      πŸ˜‰

7. Wonderful shots of a dear bird. I have never actually seen one so close-up. I love hearing their calls.

1. Thanks, Laurie. I love watching them buzzing over the pond!

8. A fine set

9. Anonymous is Derrick

10. It’s beautiful! I love your images of it. We have the Western out here. I’m hoping to see it soon!

1. I looked up the Western Phoebe. Would that be the sweet black one?
      -Julie

1. I was thinking Western Kingbird which I saw on my walk today, but wrote Phoebe. Sorry!! Look at the western kingbird they’re similar.πŸ˜€

11. I love these little guys. So cute

1. They are spunky, I think!

1. Yes, and it seems to me difficult to photograph, so kudos to you.

12. Interesting photos. I don’t recall ever seeing a phoebe!

1. They sit very still, then suddenly zip off to catch bugs. Fun to watch!