Looking Out, Zooming In

My point-and-shoot camera enables me to see amazing details, even at a great distance. During a recent walk at Mass Audubon Wachusett Meadow, I thought I saw a nest swinging near the top of a tree. Thanks to my camera, I was delighted to discover that it was really this gorgeous Barred Owl!

Barred Owl Far Away

I live in Central Massachusetts in the United States--a wonderful area for nature photography. Using a standard point-and-shoot camera, I celebrate the nature found here in a variety of local landscapes throughout the changing seasons.

1. Awesome find and shoot!

1. Thanks! My first owl pics!

Liked by 2 people

1. Oh, you’re ahead of me. I haven’t got one yet.

1. Thanks! My first owl pics ever!

2. Enjoyed seeing these shots. He looks asleep.

1. I kept hoping he would wake up, but he was not interested in me at all.😕

3. Maybe just enjoying the warm sunshine!

4. These are really wonderful shots!!

5. How lovely to see – the owl looks so comfortable snoozing in the sunshine.

6. I can’t believe these are your first owl pictures-of a Barred Owl! Are they common in your area? Your photos are absolutely spectacular.

1. Thanks! They are one of 8 types of owl that breed in Massachusetts, and are fairly common. I kept wishing this one would open its eyes, but I guess it was just enjoying the Sun! People get really excited about owls around here, and my owl pic was a big hit when it was posted on the local Audubon site .

1. I can imagine. Congratulations!