A Home For All Seasons

A beaver lodge is built for any kind of weather.

A summer evening is the best time to view beavers cruising the Wildlife Pond at Wachusett Meadow Audubon, but the beaver lodge at one corner of the pond is picturesque in all seasons. Canada geese are especially attracted to this home on the water.
Lodge in Summer
Fall
Winter
Spring

1. The colors in your first photo is awesome, so is the beaver dam size, wow! We had beavers behind our home years ago, Mallards hung around their dam, I figured for safety. 🙂

1. Thank you! Sometimes the geese even climb right up on the lodge, so I think you are right about safety.

2. It is so cool that you have the lodge documented throughout the year!

1. I am so lucky to have the Sanctuary a few miles down the road!

3. A beautiful series, the first is my favorite.

1. Thanks! It’s nice to have this lodge just a few miles away.

1. Reminds me of a lake from my childhood. The baby beavers would get confused underwater and swim toward the canoe (bump) rather than away. Then they’d quickly dive down to correct course.

4. Good capture of the beaver!

5. It’s great to see the seasonal changes on and around the beaver lodge, and the close-up of one of the engineer’s is wonderful, too.

1. Full disclosure–I am spending a lot of time in the garden instead of taking photographs, so I decided to do some “seasonal landscape” series and draw from old material. it’s turned out to be if fun, and nice to get some photos organized! 😉
      Julie_

1. That’s great, Julie. I also like to spend time in my archives, especially when I discover photos whose existence I didn’t even remember!

6. How interesting to see the lodge in all four seasons. I like the perspective in the first photo too, and the wonderfully coloured lily leaves.

1. I liked seeing the beaver in among the colored leaves–it seemed to soften its sometimes “tough” presence.