Stopover

Summer friends.

Whether these birds perched on bird feeders, fence posts, tree branches, or telephone wires, I’m glad they paused long enough for me to snap a photo during the past two weeks.

Baltimore Oriole
Eastern Bluebird
Eastern Phoebe
European Starling
Gray Catbird
American Goldfinch
Cedar Waxwing
House Sparrow
American Robin
Off to the open skies once more.

1. Such lovely, welcome visitors.

Liked by 2 people

1. Oh my goodness, what would we do without birds?

Liked by 2 people

1. A sad, horrible world it would be.

2. Beautiful shots, very nice variety too! Love the last shot, perfectly titled!!

1. Thanks! Birds are such good company!

Liked by 2 people

1. Some of my best acquaintances are birds! 😉

1. Thank you. I’m glad you stopped by!

3. Your beautiful photos made me smile, Julie. I’m wishing you many more similarly enchanting encounters this summer.

1. Thanks, Tanja. Birds forever!

4. Beautiful photos! Love our bird visitors. 🙂

1. Anyone who thinks that our animal friends don’t have emotions, ideas, etc., clearly has not spent much time watching the personalities of birds in the garden! 😉

5. What charismatic visitors you have!

1. They add so much to my day!

1. Birds absolutely do.

6. How wonderful to have all these birds visiting, and your photos are terrific. Baltimore oriole and cedar waxwing are really special birds, and your photo of the starling is magnificent, as you caught the iridescence which isn’t easy. Each bird here is a joy to behold, thank you Julie.

1. Thank you for those kind words. I’m glad you like the starling, because starlings get such a bad rap around here. (Wrecking crops, stealing food, etc.) This half-grown I saw was so sweet. 😉